Minis Gallery
It is currently 11/19/17 12:52:13 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Re: Wizkids' Agricola game minis
PostPosted: 11/13/17 9:29:15 pm 
Skeleton

azurecobalt wrote:
The plastic mix seems different from either PFB or DDM. It seems less fragile and more solid, but that's just my layman's opinion.

Yes! I thought the same thing. I'm no expert on plastics, but I thought this was a good thing. Although, someone more knowledgeable might disagree. Perhaps Paizo gets more detail out of their sculpts using the plastic they get? I don't know.

I am not that picky about the detail of my minis. I would be happy if all of my minis were made like these Agricola figures. I much prefer that my minis are solid figures that can take more of a beating over having fragile minis that break when they fall on my carpet. Plus, shipping them would not be such a nightmare.

I will buy your unwanted D&D WotC minis collection. Email me your asking price!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 11/14/17 5:39:07 am 
Worshipper

Oryan77 wrote:
Perhaps Paizo gets more detail out of their sculpts using the plastic they get? I don't know.

That is indeed how it works. More rigid compound keeps more details. Which Paizo / WizKids then cover up in thick ass blobs of paint. It's what we call a lose-lose scenario.

PostPosted: 11/14/17 1:00:10 pm 
Skeleton

Ish wrote:
Oryan77 wrote:
Perhaps Paizo gets more detail out of their sculpts using the plastic they get? I don't know.

That is indeed how it works. More rigid compound keeps more details. Which Paizo / WizKids then cover up in thick ass blobs of paint. It's what we call a lose-lose scenario.

Maybe the thick paint is meant to help keep the fragile plastic from breaking when it tips over on the battlemat? :P

I will buy your unwanted D&D WotC minis collection. Email me your asking price!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 11/17/17 9:32:39 am 
Citizen

Got mine yesterday (from rpglocker). They look great! I got a mixture of green and blue. The color stands out a tiny bit more than I'd like. But when I step back and think about it, it only stands out when you're really taking a close look at the mini. For the purposes of playing, having the color stand out probably makes it easier to identify to the players.

"See the woodcutter over there? Yeah, the one in the blue. THAT's the one who's getting mauled by the owlbear."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 11/17/17 11:18:36 am 
Charon

champion: Nycaloth / Nycademon
Wait... Wouldn’t the Owlbear mini standing next to him make the blue description uneccessary? :mrgreen:

Seriously though, I ordered singles in a variety of colors, and when they’re all out on the table it’s not apparant they are colored for a different game’s purpose. They form a nice crowd. They certainly don’t stick out, especially when you mix them in with some of the more garish PC minis. The black bases were a good move when making these minis, otherwise they’d have been a no go for me.

Profile E-mail